Discover the Health Fair Advantage
Saturday, May 12, 2018
9 am to Noon at Boundary Community Hospital
2018 Boundary Community Hospital Health Fair
Your local health fair is a great place to explore local healthcare resources and find information to help folks stay active and healthy. Boundary Community Hospital is hosting a Community Health Fair on Saturday, May 12 from 9 am to Noon. It’s an excellent opportunity to visit the hospital, take advantage of free tests, visit with local health vendors, talk with local emergency services (including a peek into a Life Flight helicopter), and support local health-related non-profit organizations. This year there will be a special area with Time Sensitive Emergency exhibits featuring trauma, stroke and heart attack.
Highlights of the Boundary Community Hospital Health Fair include:
- Learn more about the Hospital, Medical Laboratory, Diagnostic Imaging and Cardiopulmonary Departments, Community Clinics, Specialist Clinics, Nutrition Services, Infection Control, Acute Care, Post-Acute Swing Bed Unit, Extended Care Facility and Nursing Home
- On-Site Health Screenings – Blood Pressure Check, Accucheck Instant Blood Sugar Test, and Hearing
- Visit the Laboratory – be sure to pick up your coupons for
- Free Hemoglobin A1C (Glycohemoglobin) Coupon ($38.00 Value) – see coupon for details
- Free Lipid Profile Testing Coupon ($62.00 Value) – see coupon for details
- Free information about Advance Directives – Your Right to Make Healthcare Decisions
- Nutrition Counseling
- Visit the Rehabilitation Services department and get a Mobility Screening from our Physical Therapists
- Visit Diagnostic Imaging and see the state-of-the-art test equipment including the Computerized Tomography (CT) scanner installed in summer 2016
- Time Sensitive Emergency Section with Life Flight Network Helicopter Fly-In and Membership Information Booth, Boundary Ambulance, Bonners Ferry Fire Department
- NEW IN 2018 – Be Prepared in an Emergency and the Mountain Trail Safety Clinic
- Learn more about resources available to the community including Elder Care, Social Services, Patient Outreach, In-Home Health Care Options, and Health Services
- Over 50 vendors of health-related products and services
As a Critical Access Hospital we are often the first stop in an emergency situation, but our neighbors find that we offer much more to our Boundary County community. Find out for yourself.
Family Fun Run/Walk
Sponsored by the Hospital Emergency Department
3K, 5K, 10K Fun Run/Walk
Free 2018 Collector T-Shirt to first 70 registrants
7 am register; 8 am race
Team participation is encouraged. Get a group together and cheer each other on!
May 1 – Pre-Registration Begins. Entry forms available from Outpatient Services. The first 70 people to register will receive a free collector T-shirt. T-shirts may also be available for sale on Race Day.
For pre-registration, send completed/signed forms before Noon on Thursday, May 10 to Boundary Community Hospital Community Relations or email email@example.com. Fun Run Packets for pre-registered runners can be picked up from the Community Relations office Wednesday (May 10) and Thursday (May 11) from 8:30 am through 4:00 pm or Friday (May 12) 8 am through Noon.
May 12 – Race Day. Race Day Registration and Check-in begins at 7:00 am by the Hospital Main Entrance on Kaniksu Street.
Start Time – 8:00 am Sharp. The race starts and finishes in front of the Hospital Emergency Entrance on Kaniksu Street. Water stations will be placed strategically around the course.
Anyone who participates in the race, whether you run or walk, must register and sign a liability release form. A parent or guardian must sign the release form for children under the age of 13.
Mountain Trail Safety Clinic
Sponsored by Boundary Community Clinics
Mountain Trail Safety Tips for the Whole Family
- Seminars and talks about Mountain Trail Safety
- Information on Boundary County Hiking, Riding, and Mountain Bike Trails
- Mountain Bike Trailside Repairs Clinic by Far North Outfitters in Bonners Ferry
- Exhibits and booths for local outdoor organizations and vendors
Get Out and Explore the Wonders of Boundary County.