Outpatient Appointments: Monday through Thursday 8 am to 5 pm, Friday 8 am to 4 pm
Check In at the Admitting Reception Desk in the Outpatient Clinic
To make an appointment call:
(208) 267-3141 ext 4283
The Cardiopulmonary Department at Boundary Community Hospital is a multifaceted department with a focus on the care of patients with abnormalities of the heart, lungs and circulatory system.
Registered Respiratory Care Practitioners, licensed by the National Board of Respiratory Care and the State of Idaho with certification in Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provide initial and ongoing patient assessment, perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures providing physicians comprehensive heart and lung studies to serve as the basis of treatment.
The Cardiopulmonary Department provides inpatient services to the hospital’s Acute Care unit, Emergency Department, Extended Care Facility, as well as outpatient services upon referral from a Physician. All services require an order from your health care provider. Some insurance companies and Medicare require prior authorization for advanced testing.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG): Record of the electrical activity of the heart
- In-home, 24-hour Cardiac Holter Monitoring: Records abnormal heart rhythm
- In-home Cardiac Event Monitoring: Records abnormal heart rhythm over a longer period of time
Pulmonary Therapeutic and Supportive Services
- Pulmonary Function Testing: Measures breathing mechanics and aides in diagnosis of various pulmonary disorders
- Aerosolized Medication Administration: Most common use to treat or prevent bronchospasms
- Arterial Blood Gas: Analysis of arterial and/or mixed venous blood of pH, oxygenation and CO2 status
- Carbon Monoxide Testing: Measures Carbon Monoxide in the blood
- Pulse Oximeter: Monitors oxygen saturation in the blood
- Oxygen Administration: Treatment to provide extra oxygen to the body
- Airway Clearance Techniques: Aids in clearing pulmonary secretions effectively