Day By Day
At Boundary Community Hospital, our Occupational Therapist, Yahtil Huaute, OT, DOT, focuses on a wide variety of challenges, from sensory processing to fine motor skills, to returning to roles and routines of daily life. Each person is addressed as an individual and a care plan will be created based on your needs and goals. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Activities of Daily Living – these are tasks that help you take care of yourself, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living – these are tasks such as laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Rest and Sleep
- Social Participation
Yahtil will consider not only the individual’s abilities and the task to be performed, but also the environment in which the task takes place. She will make recommendations to adapt the task as needed, train the person in the use of adaptive devices if needed, and will make recommendations for adaptations in the home, all of which enhance the patient’s optimal level of independence and quality of life.
Occupational Therapy focus
- Pediatrics and Adults
- Trauma and Post-Surgery Rehabilitation
- Neurological, Stroke Rehabilitation
- Activities of Daily Living
- Sensory Integration and Age Appropriate Skills
Interesting Articles by Dr. Huaute
April 2020 – Myths and Misconceptions about Occupational Therapy